Terms & Conditions
1. I authorize all medical and surgical treatment, X-ray, laboratory, anesthesia, and other medical and/or hospital procedures as may be performed or prescribed by the attending physician and/or paramedics for my child and waive my right to informed consent of treatment. This waiver applies only in the event that neither parent/guardian can be reached in the case of an emergency.
Mindesign Kids Inc. holds a 5,000,000 General Commercial Liability, including Bodily Injury & Property Damage Insurance for its facilitators and students with Gore Mutual Insurance Company.
2. I give permission for my child to go on field trips. I release Mindesign Kids Inc. and individuals from liability in case of accident during activities related to Mindesign Kids Inc., as long as normal safety procedures have been taken.
3. I give permission for my child to leave the classroom on their own and to make his/her way directly to the Mindesign Kids Program (Recommended for Gr. 2 & up)
4. If the following applies to your child(ren):
a. I give permission for my child to be picked-up and released to a Mindesign Kids Facilitator who will escort him/her directly to the Program after school.
b. We have other arrangements for my child to arrive at after school program and do not require a Mindesign Kids Facilitator to escort him/her directly to the Program.
5. While Mindesign Kids Inc. staff and instructors will make every reasonable effort to minimize exposure to known risks associated with each Registrants’ (defined below) participation in a Mindesign Kids program, I hereby acknowledge that I and/or my child if I am registering on his/her behalf (collectively, the “Registrant”) may be required, depending on the nature of the Program, to participate in various activities that may involve some risk of injury. In this regard, I agree that I have provided (if required) a complete and accurate health history and hereby permit the Registrant to participate in the full range of Program activities, except as specifically noted by me in the health information section of the Program registration (where applicable). In consideration for the Registrant’s opportunity to participate in the Program, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby release and forever discharge Mindesign Kids Inc. of Greater Vancouver, its respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents, and their respective successors and assigns, from any and all liability for damages sustained in consequence of loss, injury or damage to the Registrant, and from all other actions, causes of action, claims, demands or damages of any kind with respect to death, injury, loss or damages to any person or property arising out of or connected with preparation for, or participation in, the Program.
6. In the event of an accident, injury or illness involving the registrant, and when an immediate contact by Mindesign Kids Inc. with a designated contact cannot be made, I hereby authorize and grant permission to Mindesign Kids Inc. staff to secure proper medical treatment and authorize on the registrant’s behalf all procedures, including, without limitation, admission to an emergency unit, hospital and treatment therein, ordering of x-rays, tests or treatment, injections, anesthesia and/or surgery, as deemed necessary by the attending medical professional(s). I agree not to hold Mindesign Kids Inc. responsible for any costs or injury arising out of an emergency situation.
7. Mindesign Kids Inc. is a Federally Registered Corporation and can operate legally in any municipality across Canada once registered withing each given province. Mindesign Kids is committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. We collect and use information you volunteer when you access or register for a Mindesign Kids program, in order to better meet your service needs, to ensure a safe environment, for statistical and assessment purposes, to inform you about the Program in which you are registered, and to satisfy government and regulatory requirements. You may also hear from us periodically about other Mindesign Kids programs, services and opportunities that may interest and benefit you. For more information on our commitment to privacy, or if you do not wish to receive such communications from Mindesign Kids Inc., please call the Program Registration Office at 604-401-1863.
8. All programs are subject to change or cancelled due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances that are prohibitive to the operation of the program. A 100% refund of the pre-paid program, deposits and registration fee would be granted back under these circumstances only.
9. Multimedia Permission: I give my consent for Mindesign Kids' associates and facilitators to photograph or video my child and/or me or use photograph(s) or videos that already exist of my child and/or me that were taken in this setting. I understand that the photographs, digital images, or video segments may be used in print or electronic media and that the photographs may be displayed on websites owned or sponsored by Mindesign Kids Inc. and/or BuildYourDreamCommunity.org (non-profit organization sponsored by Mindesign Kids). I give Mindesign Kids permission to publish, exhibit, and distribute these materials. Possible uses include educational, research, development, public service, or training activities, under the overarching vision and mission of Mindesign Kids' Out of School Programs. I understand that Mindesign Kids' owns the copyright to the multimedia material in which I, or my child may appear. Mindesign Kids will assure that it conveys positive images of children and reflects only the most upright aspects of our human nature.
10. By agreeing to all terms & conditions laid out herein, I (or my legal guardian) acknowledge that I (or we) have carefully read and understand the, Assumption of Risk and Indemnifying Release Statement, Medical Emergencies Statement, Commitment to Privacy, Multimedia Permission Statement and Disclaimer.